To give you a better sense of the volume of flights coming into today's Belize, here's a list of all the North American carriers with direct flights into Belize City (BZE). We'll continue updating this list as new flights are added.
• American Airlines* - direct flights from Miami, Dallas, Charlotte & LAX
• United Airlines - direct flights from Houston, Newark & Chicago
• Delta Airlines - direct flights from Atlanta, and weekly from LAX
• Southwest Airlines - direct flights from Houston, Newark, Chicago & Denver (as of Mar. 2017)
• United Airlines - direct flights from Charlotte
• WestJet - Direct flights from Toronto, Canada New - as of October, 2016!
*American Airlines flights from London now layover in Miami just a couple of hours. No more multi-hour and overnight layovers!
Most visitors transfer at Belize City to a Maya Islands Air flight direct to the Kanantik airport. This flight takes about 25 minutes aboard Cessna aircraft.
The cost of the flight is often included in the price of the Residential Tours that make up the greater part of visitors during the low travel season.
• From Belize City, take the western highway towards Belmopan.
• Once in Belmopan, make a left onto Hummingbird Hwy.
• Before entering Dangriga, make a right onto Southern Hwy.
• Finally, make a left into Kanantik at mile marker 19.2 on the Southern Hwy and keep left until you come to the guard's gate for entry.
Visitors may also travel by bus from Belize City, but you must change buses at Dangriga before continuing on to Hopkins Village.