Belize’s striking tourist economy continues to grow. And as people flock for the beaches, the laid back atmosphere, and the terrific opportunities, to live, grow, and be a part of all that is Belize, investors have taken notice.
That means prices for some things have come way down. It’s a great time to get in.
To give you a better sense of the volume of flights coming into today’s Belize, here’s a list of all the North American carriers with direct flights into Belize City (BZE). We’ll continue updating this list as new flights are added.
• American Airlines* – direct flights from Miami, Dallas, Charlotte & LAX
• United Airlines – direct flights from Houston, Newark & Chicago
• Delta Airlines – direct flights from Atlanta, and weekly from LAX
• Southwest Airlines – direct flights from Houston, Newark, Chicago & Denver
(Denver direct flights to begin as of Mar. 2017)
• United Airlines – direct flights from Charlotte
• WestJet – Direct flights from Toronto, Canada New – as of October 2016!
*American Airlines flights from London now layover in Miami just a couple of hours. No more multi-hour and overnight layovers!
Of course, most travelers to Belize will just search for the lowest price airfare from their favorite flight search engine. But all of the above will give you more options—and almost certainly lower fares!
Belize City is just where the adventure begins, though.
Kanantik Belize is about 25 minutes south by air, or just under two hours when traveling by land.
Most visitors transfer at Belize City to a Maya Islands Air flight direct to the Kanantik airport. This flight takes about 25 minutes aboard Cessna aircraft.
• From Belize City, take the Western Highway towards Belmopan.
Visitors may also travel by bus from Belize City, but you must change buses at Dangriga before continuing on to Hopkins Village.
Photo top: Ken Douglas via Wikimedia Commons