Spring is definitely in the air. No matter the climate where you currently live, it surely indicates the return of growth. It’s in that spirit that we would like to provide to you some updates on your investment into the country of Belize; specifically, as it relates to Kanantik Belize.
A few housekeeping items first:
- The Chronicle has historically been a collection of articles that are “almost ready” to launch many times throughout the year, yet we find that we are waiting for one more specific update on our self-imposed deadline dates. And this causes too many delays. As a result, we have decided that after this Chronicle, we will be moving to more frequent updates via the News section of the website. This will be a live, continuous stream of updates for our clients and team members in regard to the development progress and general Belize news and updates. In the future, we will periodically send out emails to direct you to the website if there are actionable items, but this format will cease after this distribution.
- ACH Payments: We should be able to process ACH payments sometime in the 3rd Quarter. If you were previously transacting through ACH debits, we will be reaching back out to reestablish your credentials as we move forward. Thank you for your patience through this new banking relationship.
NEW FACES TO THE MANGO SPRINGS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
MEET our new Strategic Development Partners:
- Mango Springs is pleased to announce a strategic
partnership with Sean Runnels and Glen Brayshaw, owners and operators of Movida
Palm Springs, a 640 acre master-planned community, and the Desert Dunes Golf
Course in Palm Springs, California. Experienced in development throughout North
America, Canada and even the Dominican Republic, they are poised to provide
strong support as we move into the next phase of our development plan.
- Sean Runnels: 25 years experience with
construction/law/real estate sales & development/golf course management
- 5,000 acre/16,665 unit master planned community in the Greater Coachella Valley)
- 100+ homesites in Boise, Idaho
- Chief of Staff for California based construction-defect law practice
- Owner, Desert Dunes Golf Course in Palm Springs, CA
- Glen Brayshaw: 20 years real estate
development/resort sales/golf course management
- 3,000 vacation club sales in the Dominican Republic
- Co-developer of 144-unit condominium hotel project in Canmore, Alberta
- Owner, Desert Dunes Golf Course in Palm Springs, CA
- Sean Runnels: 25 years experience with construction/law/real estate sales & development/golf course management
MEET Nana Mensah, Master Gardener / Pioneer for Kanantik’s First Organic Garden:
- We have secured the services of Nana Mensah to launch our first organic garden. In just the last 15 years, Nana has served as the Chief Executive Director at Belize Organic Family Farming (BOFF), the Country Director for Sustainable Harvest International Belize (SHI-Belize) and the Director and Agronomist for Southern Marketing and Appropriate Research Technology (SMART), Consultancy Firm. Nana brings a passion for development with a sustainable approach. He currently serves as an educator at the University of Belize and has agreed to plan, cultivate and harvest all things “growable” at Kanantik. During the first week of April 2019, we documented some of the work that has begun for our organic gardens adjacent to the commercial kitchen at the resort. This will be an ongoing project and we will continue to update you on the “fruits” of our labor.
MEET your Owner’s Committee:
Congratulations to the following lot owners, who after careful consideration and review of their experience and credentials have been elevated to the Owners Committee as its inaugural members.
While we anticipate adding one or two more members, your Owners Committee members are:
- Didier Chaumillon/Erie, CO
- David Signorile/Merchantville, NJ
- Izak Bencula/Saratoga, CA
- Lillie Hinkleman/Bowie, MD
We are particularly excited about the owner’s committee, as it is an important aspect of operations to provide insight to the lot owner community from the lenses of lot owners themselves, who will directly interface with the development team. Many are multi-lot owners and all of them have experience in business, finance, real estate and operations.
You can be 100% certain that your Owners Committee representatives are providing accurate information that they have vetted for themselves, rather than some lot owners relying on second or third hand information which is neither credible nor agenda driven, and harmful to the development and lot owner interests.
If you would like to be a member of the Official Kanantik Belize Lot Owner page, please click the link below:
4 STAGE DEVELOPMENT PLAN:
As the development moves forward, we have strategically updated our next steps in a 4 Stage Development Plan (which was discussed at length in Q1 of 2019), and can be outlined as follows:
- Activate Dream “UNSCRIPTED” Contract
- Stabilizes resort operations and removes/reduces overhead expense from development costs.
- Activates third-party (Dream Hotel Group) for marketing, branding and all resort operations.
- Provides “Base-Camp” for onsite promotions, operations and expansions.
- Create Ambassadors Club and Raise Capital
Stack for Golf Course (Late 2019).
- Continued delivery of roads, water and power to 410 Phase 1 Lots (late 2019)
- Commencement of major project amenity – 18-hole golf course.
- Creates high-profile marketing opportunities.
- Creates significant strategic alliances with capital partners.
- Onsite Retail Sales Center (2020).
- Full on-site sales center with model homes and onsite builder assistance.
- Recommencement of full-scale retail lot sale program (late 2020).
- Activate Marina Expansion and Dream Kanantik
Belize (mid 2020 – 2021).
- Commence capital raise for development of northern beachfront.
- Complete development of beachfront parcel;
- Phase 1: Marina excavation and construction
- Phase 2: Vertical Construction
The Dream Hotel Group partnership is a very important one, whereby we are able to have a very reputable US based hotel operator take over hotel operations for us. It provides for a for-profit initiative enabling us to focus our attention firmly on development and not resort operations, which has been the case for many years. Additionally, we are excited about the long-term benefits of attracting a specific clientele that would share aspirations of home ownership in Belize, who we will have the opportunity to showcase our offerings to.
Recently, Dream’s Chief Development Officer, David Kuperberg was joined by Robert Mallia from their operations team returned from an on-site visit at Kanantik, finalizing their strategy for the upcoming opening. It was a very successful visit from an operations stand-point to position their team for a successful opening in the coming months.
Executing on the Dream Hotel partnership has been long anticipated, but certainly one that will have a tremendously positive impact on the development as a whole, and we could not be more excited for them to open here soon!
We will continue to keep you updated with all Dream related news as we eagerly anticipate our opening, and how all lot owners can take advantage of their management of the resort.
As we continue to work to put this partnership together, we will endeavor to get more updates out to you, via our newsfeed on the website. In the interim, if you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.